You are here
First Nations Community
In 2013, Livecare established a partnership with a First Nations Health Authority to build a sustainable healthcare system that promoted the health and well-being of their community.
- A high turnover of physicians resulting in fragmented care and poor clinical outcomes.
- Patients had poor access to specialists and allied healthcare.
- Preventative health was not practiced.
- ConnectCarts placed at 3 health centres.
- Physicians were recruited.
- Provided immediate access to a roster of specialists, including eye care and allied health services.
- Programs for proactive prevention and preventable disease were implemented.
- Integrated cultural and traditional medicine with the overall delivery of Western-based healthcare practices.
- Met or exceeded healthcare services (cost, access, quality, outcomes) available to other British Columbians.